Saturday, March 29, 2014

Best of the Letter R: Rear Window (1954)

I already once did a review on Rear Window.  That original review can be found by clicking here.

I'll summarize this way: Rear Window is my favorite Alfred Hitchcock film, and I am the world's biggest Hitchcock fan.  It has great character development, great attention to detail, and simply fun dialogue.  And underneath everything is a great running discussion on human relationships.

This is a must-see for any movie fan, a film that starts lighthearted and slowly builds up the suspense.  The result is magnificent!

(the following rating is a bit different than my original review.)
Entertainment: 9/10
Artistic value: 9/10
Technical merit: 9/10

Overall: 9.5/10

Runners Up for the Letter "R:"
  • Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
  • Ran (1985)
  • Rebecca (1940)
  • Rocky (1976)
  • Robocop (1987) -yes, I'm serious.  Robocop rules.
  • Raging Bull (1980)

No comments:

Post a Comment