Thursday, March 6, 2014

A Few Random Thoughts on Movies


  1. Fantastic Mr. Fox is a simply wonderful, visually beautiful film.
  2. All things being equal, the Oscar usually goes to the most melodramatic, politically correct film.
  3. Superhero movies are getting better, but a few things still hold them back from being truly great.  One of those things holding them back is called in other places "writing."
  4. I still think that Moriarty is too sniveling in the series Sherlock.
  5. Movie trailers before about 1989 are truly awful.
  6. Every time I read a news article about the decline of Detroit I always hope for the following line: "And that is why we are introducing the future of crimefighting: Robocop!"
  7. The new trailer for the fourth Transformers movie looks terribly wretched.
  8. If I sat down to watch my entire collection of movies it would take me about a full month of continuous, non-stop viewing.  That's crazy.
  9. If I could chose a winner, I'd want The Grand Budapest Hotel to be at the top of the box office this weekend.  Unfortunately, people generally want to see rubbish like 300:Rise of an Empire more than something that looks genuinely original, quirky, and funny.
  10. Noah is probably not biblically accurate.  It is worth checking out with an open mind anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment