Friday, January 11, 2013

Short Reviews

You know, not every movie deserves a sweeping review.  Not every movie needs a ton of ink spilled to explain just how wonderful, terrible, or awesomely average it is.

And I just don't have time to write full-scale reviews of every film I want to review.  Thus, to solve the issue, many of the reviews I will write from here out may be shorter, pithy, and straight to the point.

Of course, the films that are truly exceptional need a full review to explain just how they do things right.  And the really bad ones need a lot of ridicule to show how they fail (those are fun to write anyway).  It's just that in the grand scope of things, there are a lot of good and not-as-good average films that simply beg for a rating.  They need to have their chance to be viewed, discussed, and judged.

So I introduce the "Short Reviews" label.  These are the brief "what might be good and bad and memorable" reviews with a verdict at the end.  Enjoy.  And if you think a film I give a short review to needs a fuller treatment, shoot me a comment and tell me why.

No comments:

Post a Comment