Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Revising my Reviews

Just as an FYI for anyone who happens to read my blog (hi mom!), I'll be going back through all the reviews I've done over the next few days and revising my ratings.  I feel that I've painted myself into a bit of a corner, giving slightly higher ratings to some than I should have.

So here then is an indication of what my scores will mean from here on out:

  • A score of between 1-3 is a terrible review.  The film maker did little that was right or good.
  • Between 4-6 is average to good.  The main bulk of movies fit in this range.
  • 7-8 is well above average.  These will be standout movies, well-worth seeing and re-watching.  A movie in this range is much rarer.
  • And then of course, 9-10 is the exceptional movie, one that I would consider to be at the top of the class. A 10 means that I believe improvement to be almost an impossibility.
So that means I need to lower some scores and be a bit tougher and more stingy with the higher numbers.  But that does not mean I like the film less, just that my ratings scale has changed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment